With internationally recognized specialists in cardiovascular care, Vidant Health offers the very best in heart and vascular services at every one of our hospitals. Our expertise comes together, however, at East Carolina Heart Institute — an incredible state-of-the-art facility made possible largely through Foundation funds. Find out how we’re changing lives for the better here — and how important it is that we continue to stay at the forefront of cardiac medicine
Saving lives with the most powerful tools we have: education, prevention, diagnosis and treatment—all at a truly state-of-the-art institute.
A patient-centered approach
From the very beginning, even in the building design itself, we had patients and families in mind — such as the use of natural light wherever possible and larger, ergonomic rooms and equipment to promote safety and comfort. Plus, patients and families can enjoy amenities such as, a heart-healthy café, Wi-Fi and an onsite resource center.
Innovative programs and services
Every day, we’re saving lives with the most advanced tools, techniques and expertise. Some of our groundbreaking programs and services include
- Diagnostic imaging – the newest diagnostic and interventional technology for diagnosing and treating a range of heart conditions
- Hybrid operating room – equipped with a robotic C-arm for sophisticated real-time imaging
- Pediatric Cardiology – pediatric procedures to address all types of congenital defects
- Valve repair – first in the Carolinas to use TAVR, a minimally invasive procedure
- Minimally invasive robotic surgery – first in the United States to conduct a total mitral valve surgery using robotic technology
We also focus on rehabilitation and prevention through programs that help patients long after they leave our facility.
From research to rehabilitation, we provide the full range of cardiovascular care and participate in groundbreaking clinical trials. The result? Greater heart health for the people in our unique region and beyond. But we can do so much more.
Commitment to education
Equipped with high-definition audio-visual and teleconferencing capabilities, our education and technology center serves as our primary teaching and research location.
Let’s put some heart into it…
More than 70 million Americans have some form of cardiovascular disease — and nearly 60 percent of them will die suddenly of heart failure or stroke without experiencing any symptoms. Let’s change that statistic—starting right here with our families, friends and neighbors in eastern North Carolina.